What day is it?
I think it's been about 5 days since I've last wrote. The days seem to be melting into one another, making it hard for me to remember what day it is! Its wonderful, but I'm sad that it will quickly come to an end. Since I've last written, I have traveled to Railiey, Krabi, Chewang, Ko Samui and I just arrived in Lamai, Ko Samui today.
Railey is located on a small peninsula on the East coast of Thailand. You can walk from either side in about 5 minutes. We stayed at an amazing resort in the middle, where our room overlooked the pool and pond with coy fish. The sister resort was located on the West side of the peninsula, which has a nicer beach than the East. We were allowed to use both facilities, which was really nice. During our full day there, Steve and I spent the morning traveling over to a small beach just North of us, which was separated by the ocean and a large collection of towering rocks. The trip over wasn't too bad, except we lost Nancy to a fall on some of the rocks, which left her with some bad scratches. She headed back to the resort, while Steve and I continued to the beach. The beach was primarily the home of traveling rock climbers and small bungalows. These climbers were amazing!!! I don't think I could ever get that high, even though I'd be curious to see the small caves on the sides of the mountains. By the time Steve and I had finished walking around the small beach, the tide had started to come in quickly. The smaller rocks we had once hopped along were gone and we were only left two options- walk along the water's edge and risk slipping along the smooth slippery rocks or climb the huge sharp rocks in front of us. Steve decided to take the water route, while I choose to climb. With Steve in possession of the video camera AND Nancy's camera, he finally took to climbing. We didn't need a repeat of my camera incident!!!! Luckily both of us made it back safely.
Our travel between Railay to the island of Ko Samui, required us to travel from the East coast of Thailand to the West. Our trip included a boat taxi ride, two bus trips and our final ferry trip to the island. Obviously, we made it to our finally destination, but not without concern and frustration. One thing I've learned here is that you must let the day come to you! Being impatient and voicing your disapproval with get you no where!!! Luckily I learned this prior to our trip to Ko Samui; otherwise, things may have gotten ugly.
The past three days have been spent in Chewang, which is located on the Northeast side of the island. It is a bustling beach town dedicated to tourists. Steve and I took a 3 hour tour on our full day there. It included an elephant ride, feeding the elephants, a swim at the bottom of a waterfall, seeing monkeys collect coconuts, eating and drinking from coconuts and visiting some temples. Of course I loved the animals!!! All in all, it was a lot of fun.
Today we arrived at Lamai, which is about 30 minutes South of Chaweng. It's a smaller beach town, where we are staying at a gorgeous hotel with a large infinity pool right off the beach. After a long walk along the beach, we went swimming and then I got a 1 hour aloe vera massage. This is the life!!! I don't think I can come home for another 6 months.

3 Comments:
Um....you have to come back. I mean really, aren't the Dells enticing you from the tropical paradise you are currently residing in?
Heaven. Yeah, really, I think the Dells will be WAY more fun at the end of January. Maybe it'll be like 13 below like last year. You can't beat that. :)
I need my blog readers to follow your blog too bec you always fill in the details that I'm missing. Reading your blogs put a smile on my face...ahhh, what a great way to spend time with my great friends!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home