Adjusting
I arrived back in Chicago, early Tuesday morning, exhausted and dreading the cold I was about to face. When we left, the weather in Chicago was above normal and we were only wearing fleeces, so we were not prepared for the below zero weather while waiting for a cab.
It felt so good to finally be home! Although the trip was amazing, there were some amenities I definitely missed. Most of all, I missed Oscar, our amazingly handsome orange cat. He definitely gave us an earful and he never left our side while we unpacked. He also loved our new schedule of sleeping during the day and being up late at night.
We both knew we had to try to stay up during the day, but at 1:00pm we decided to take an hour and a half nap. Well...... we slept till 12:30am!!!! We woke up and were totally energized. We continued to unpack, do laundry and organize. Around 3:30am, I started to get tired, again, so I went back to bed until 7:30am. Steve decided to stay up the rest of the night and play video games. He even stayed up the whole day until 10:00pm. I, on the other hand, fell asleep the next night at 6:00pm and slept till 4:00am. Steve got up shortly after me and we made a large breakfast, just like we were used to on our trip. It's going to be rough next week, when we're finally back on schedule. We love our big breakfasts!!!!
It's Saturday and I'm still not fully back to a normal schedule, but at least it's the weekend. Getting up at 5:30am this morning was definitely not my idea of sleeping in, so I'm off to take a nap. A real nap this time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home